One of the biggest reasons people want to move is lack of space in their current home. They feel they have outgrown the space or it’s simply cluttered. They are therefore looking for a home that gives them that extra space and more room grow into.
Decluttering can be daunting. After all, you’re still living in your house. You might need your stuff!! Here are some tips for decluttering room by room which will help make this process easier for you.
- Clear counter tops of small appliances
- Put away towels and cleaning supplies
- Pack away rarely used supplies
Living Room and Dining Room:
- Make sure there is sufficient lighting in each room
- Clear out stacks of magazines
- Clean the window treatments and the windows
- No Sticks
- Choose only a few pillows to have lying out
- Limit the number of toys kept in any room
- Don’t have to many decorations on the dining room table, the less you have the large the table will look
- Find a different spot for jewelry, perfume, and rarely used toiletries.
- Pack away extra linens
- Refresh shelf and drawer liners.
- Clean and repair grout were necessary
It is good to keep the walls in all the rooms clear of to many pictures this will help make the rooms feel larger and give the potential buyers an opportunity to picture there stuff on the walls. It is always good to remember to remove personal pictures and belongings from the rooms. If you have started the packing process ahead of time, then you will be in a really good position to finish packing when the time comes – and it will be so much less overwhelming. Remember keep the home clean and tidy at all times.